Sunday, December 10, 2006

Twenty-five Or Thirty??

I don’t get it sometimes, as to why there are only twenty four hours in a day..!!.. I get these doubts because on a college day I’d wake up with a real grouchy and sleepy face at around seven and be off (to the mostly dreaded place) by around eight… the college starts at nine and goes on till three in the afternoon and while I’m there time seems to fly by on golden wings without giving me any feeling of flight troubles..!
I usually reach back home by four- four fifteen provided I don’t dilly dally around with my friends… almost everyday I wonder as to how the day just got over in a jiffy!

Then of course there are the CAT classes that I attend every evening from six to eight at the end of which I never miss out on the feeling that thirteen hours of my day are already over! Again it takes me half an hour to come home to delicious aroma of the scrumptious dinner made by ma. Although it’s not a daily routine, I go online for a while after dinner… and then I sit with my books for some time till my eye lids start to feel as though they’re made of lead, which usually happens around either midnight or the earliest hours of morning.
And before I even start up with a nice, cozy dream I hear the jarring noise of my alarm and the heady smell of freshly brewed coffee being made in the kitchen. While the bitter sweet aroma of coffee lulls me back to sleep the bright rays of sunlight, peeking in through my window, brutally succeed in pulling me out of the slumber I love.

And then again the whole scheduled routine falls back into its place to navigate me through the tiresome yet interestingly small day…
As I was saying, there are times when I wonder as to when I had a real, good and long sleep? When did I spend some quality time with my friends and family? When was it that I saw a real good movie with a piping hot bowl of popcorn without caring about what it does to my health? When was it that I read a book end to end without any interruptions? When did I spend some time doing, well, nothing!?
The positive thinker that I am, I wouldn’t blame it on others or on my studies or the classes or my daily routine… I just blame it on time… not that it’s bad or good… it just isn’t enough! Why is it that we can’t have twenty five, or better, Thirty hours in the day, that’d mean I’d have more time to sleep!
Boy! Wouldn’t that make living easier?? It sure would make me less grouchy! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yes, we should have atleast 30 hrs in a day.
i need to spend more time in college with friends.

im in my last sem of college life, tats y .